The Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative (NRI) includes a minor exterior repair program called A Brush With Kindness and an energy-efficiency focused Weatherization program.
NRI programs are intended to address the need for decent, affordable, sustainable housing in the Matthews community by offering assistance for necessary home improvements and repairs to qualified low-income homeowners.
What does each program offer?
Do I qualify? Income Eligibility
To qualify for any NRI program, applicants must:
- Own and reside in the home needing repairs
- Meet income guidelines at right
- Possess current homeowner’s insurance
- Reside in Habitat Matthews’ service area
- Be in good standing on mortgage and property tax payments
Applicants must also agree to terms of partnership with Habitat:
- Complete mandatory “Sweat Equity” hours
- Repay applicable project costs
For more information or application assistance, please contact the Habitat Matthews office.
Email: Mail@habitatmatthews.org, Phone: 704.847.4266
A Brush With Kindness Weatherization
A Brush With Kindness provides exterior repair work only. The purpose of any ABWK repair is to maintain good or sound condition in your home.
Service requests may include:
- Lot Clearing
- Material Replacement
Weatherization services are intended to improve the energy efficiency and indoor air quality of your home. Habitat will perform an “energy audit” to determine your home’s needs and will perform repairs such as:
- Adding or Replacing Insulation
- Re-sealing Doors and Windows
- Installing Water-Efficient Plumbing Fixtures
- Installing Energy Efficient Lighting